Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Music - emotions

I used to teach this section in general music about how music changes the mood of a movie or tv show instantly.  I remember my little girl being 2 years old and running onto my lap because the music was getting scary and she said she knew that meant something bad was going to happen.

In our traveling we use music for all sorts of reasons.  When Wade is tired we turn on the 80's station on satellite and all sing over dramatically to something like"Total Eclipse of the Heart".  When the kids are a bit too hyper I will turn on my ipod to Avalon's "Adonai" or Polar Express "When Christmas Comes to Town" or Ben Folds "The Luckiest"  These are the songs that have worked this trip.  It's been fun to experiment with these traveling songs to change the mood.

I have a feeling that a lot of blog entries about music will include songs that I use for different emotional states!


Adonai by Avalon
http://youtu.be/iRRUH3g_268



If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music - Gustav Mahler

No comments:

Post a Comment